Having a non-custodial wallet comes with a lot of responsibilities. You have to keep your seed phrase safe, create a passphrase, pin, or password and make sure to remember it, and protect whatever device your wallet is installed in. If things go well, you’ll enjoy the liberty that comes with having total control over your wallet and crypto.
But sometimes, things don’t go according to plan. A lost seed phrase coupled with a forgotten password will leave you in a position where you cannot access your funds. And if a solution is not found, you might lose your crypto forever. This is a scary place to find yourself in.
Fortunately, there is a way out – crypto recovery services.
What is a crypto recovery service?
A crypto recovery service is a professional service that helps people recover their digital assets. The word ‘recovery,’ in this case, means helping you regain access to the crypto in your wallet, usually after an occurrence that stopped you from being able to do that. It is typically done by cryptography and data recovery experts.
There are many reasons why you may be unable to access the crypto in your wallets. The most common of these is a lost pin/password, passphrase, or seed phrase. Passwords and passphrases are used to prevent unauthorized access to the wallet. Losing them is like losing the keys to your house; you can’t get in.
The seed phrase, on the other hand, is a sequence of 12-24 randomly generated words. It acts as proof of ownership of the funds associated with your wallet address, making it the most important aspect of owning a crypto wallet. If you lose or have an invalid seed phrase, the blockchain has no way of knowing you own the wallet you’re trying to access.
In such cases, only the best professional recovery service can help you. Recovery experts combine data science and cryptography techniques to uncover a lost password, pin, or passphrase, or an invalid seed phrase. The best crypto recovery services out there will also work with you every step of the way and only accept payment after a successful job.
It’s also important to note that recovery services only work for the crypto in your wallet. If you’re hacked and the assets have been transferred to another wallet address, nothing can be done to recover them.
The same is also true if you accidentally send funds to the wrong address. This is because blockchains are designed such that transactions cannot be reversed.
Characteristics of a good recovery service
The best crypto recovery services share a number of features. These include;
- An experienced and qualified team: The team should have a deep understanding of cryptography, cryptocurrencies, and blockchain technology. They should also have experience in recovering lost funds.
- The right technology: Crypto recovery is a process that sometimes requires cutting-edge technology. The best crypto recovery services use the latest and most effective technology to recover assets.
- Transparency: The crypto recovery process should be transparent about its fees, its success rate, and its methods.
- Privacy: The service should respect your privacy. It is obligated to process your information in a secure and confidential manner.
- No-recovery-no-fee guarantee: The best crypto recovery services offer a no-recovery-no-fee guarantee. This means you don’t have to pay anything if your funds are not recovered.
The 3 best crypto recovery services
Crypto Asset Recovery
Crypto Asset Recovery is a family-owned business run by a father-son team. Founded in 2017 by Chris Brooks, it has been providing quality recovery services for the better part of the past six years.
Crypto Asset Recovery supports seed phrase recovery for any type of bip-39 mnemonic phrase, including legacy mnemonics and the 13th and 25th words of passphrase combinations. It also supports password recovery for Blockchain.com, Bitcoin Core, Multibit, Electrum, MetaMask, MyEtherWallet, Mist Ethereum Wallet, Dogecoin Core, and Dogechain.info.
Crypto Asset Recovery helps people stuck in different situations to recover their crypto. These include:
- You think you have the right password or PIN but it won’t unlock your wallet. This can be due to wrong capitalization or the wrong order of numbers in a pin.
- You have different ideas of what your password may be but you can’t figure out which is the right one.
- You have the right seed phrase but the order of words is all wrong.
- You can no longer access certain assets in your wallet. For instance, if your wallet had some bitcoins in it but no longer shows your bitcoin balance
There are some cases where Crypto Asset Recovery will be unable to help you. For example, if you have no idea what your password is or you have lost your seed phrase– and don’t have an incorrect or partial record of it, very little can be done to recover your assets. The same is also true if your password consists of more than 15 randomly generated characters.
The exact technique used to recover assets varies depending on the specifics of the case. But where it requires client participation, like guessing possible passwords or extracting an encrypted private key backup, the Crypto Asset Recovery team walks the client through the process. All client data is also processed on secure servers.
How Does Payment Work
Crypto Asset Recovery charges a service-based fee of 20% of the funds recovered in the wallet. It says that if the crypto wallet ends up being empty, no service fee will be charged.
Contacting Crypto Asset Recovery
Crypto Asset Recovery provides a platform to contact its support team on its website. You’ll be required to fill out a form where you provide your name, email address, and phone number, as well as the recovery type, wallet type, and value of crypto in said wallet.
Wallet Recovery Service
Wallet Recovery Service (WRS) is a professional recovery service launched in 2013. Since then, the company has helped thousands of customers recover their wallets and access their assets.
WRS has developed an optimized multi-threaded C++ program and GPU software to perform brute force decryption to help you if:
- You have lost your password but can recall some of it.
- You have completely forgotten your password, but you’re sure that it wasn’t too complex. You’ll be required to provide 6 to 10 best guesses as to what the password may be.
- You have forgotten some part of your seed phrase.
- You have the right seed phrase but cannot figure out the correct order of words.
Contacting Wallet Recovery Service
All communication between you and WRS will happen via email. WRS recommends that clients avoid using social media platforms like Twitter for this purpose, especially during initial contact. It’s also important to note that the company will never contact you on Telegram or any other Telegram app.
For added security, especially when there is data and sensitive information involved, the company recommends users utilize PGP. This is a form of encryption that prevents the email’s contents from being read by the wrong person.
How Does Payment Work?
WRS accepts payment in crypto. This can be bitcoins, ether, or any other coins and tokens recovered in the wallet, and is typically deducted from the funds in the recovered wallets. The fee stands at 20% of the value of assets in the wallet. This is only payable if the recovery process is successful.
Professional Crypto Recovery
We are a highly-rated and experienced company specializing in data recovery. We have been in the broader IT industry for more than 21 years and in crypto since the early days of blockchain technology.
Our extensive IT background has allowed us to help scads of people and recover numerous wallets. We help crypto users in a wide variety of situations, including:
- You have lost or forgotten your wallet’s pin or password.
- You have lost part of your seed phrase or have the complete seed phrase, but it’s in the wrong order.
- You have an older wallet version that no longer works.
- Your wallet is having trouble syncing with the blockchain and, as a result, displays the wrong asset balances.
- You have accidentally deleted your wallet data causing it to stop functioning properly. PCR will work on your storage medium to recover the data.
- Your device has been infected by a virus that’s corrupting its data, causing your wallet to misbehave.
Depending on your problem, you may be required to send your wallet file or the hardware in which your wallet is/was installed. If you need guidance with this process, we’re happy to walk you through the process via a shared screen. That way you remain in full control of your computer at all times.
How does payment work
We are known for having a fast response time and charging the lowest fees in the industry. The exact fees vary depending on the amount of crypto in your wallet; 18% of the value for wallets with less than 10 BTC, 13% for wallets between 10 and 100 BTC, and 8% for wallets with over 100 BTC.
Professional Crypto Recovery will only take payment once the recovery process has been completed successfully.
Contacting Professional Crypto Recovery
We also offer free, no-obligation consultations during which we will explain the recovery process. Communication can occur with us in person, via Skype, Zoom, Google Meets, WhatsApp, or over the phone.
After initial contact, we will have a consultation to determine if we can help you recover your assets and answer any questions related to the process. If it’s possible to recover your coins, we will require you to provide your government-issued ID and sign a legal contract.
Unlocking optimism in the world of crypto!
The allure of cryptocurrency lies in its promise of autonomy, and a non-custodial wallet is the embodiment of that promise. With this autonomy, however, comes an inherent risk.
The decentralized nature of blockchains and dApps means traditional customer service channels are absent. But this doesn’t mean you’re entirely on your own. The expertise of a professional crypto recovery service stands as a beacon in such complexities.
Stuck with a wallet woe? Don’t sweat it. Just remember, in the vast universe of zeros and ones, you’ve always got a digital friend ready to lend a hand (or a code). Give us a shout!